Monday, October 31, 2011

Decisions, Decisions.

Here is my thrift shop painting! After a couple of hours searching through a creepy flea market I finally found this painting from the 70's for only TEN bucks. It also has a pretty cool frame but you can't really see it in the picture.

I have no idea what to do with this picture. I honestly thought about just buying another one so I wouldn't have to paint on this cause I'm afraid that I'll make it look even worse. Right now all I can think about adding is this Planets by the Dozen [the sun part] or some other warm colored planet. But I find that digustingly cheesy.

First off, let me explain in pictures what this painting makes me think of.
  
My painting very strongly reminds me of East Asia and of the country Malaysia. The type of shack/house that is pictured above is called a "kampong". There are various types that people still live in today. I got to see a lot of these when I lived in Malaysia.
 The land based ones.....

 and the water ones.


I'm not sure if the artist was painting trying to represent another area besides Eastern Asia, but I thought it was weird that he painted a regular tree instead of a palm tree.

Anyways, I talked to my art teacher about stuff paint into my painting and he recommended that I brainstorm about things I am interested in or a cause that I could draw attention to. I will let keep this updated when I come up with something exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment