Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Trip Review

So like I blogged last week, my class went on a field trip to a printing word press workshop for a day. It was pretty interesting seeing the machinery and some of the work that this guy did!
Here is a photo from the day. His whole work studio was in his garage and that is where all 20 of us were crammed into.....check out that photo.
I really like the angle that Mieko took this photo from because it also has some letter drawers out with some different fonts.
I learned some really new things about printing I had no idea you could do. I was dying to play with the ink colors and use the grain in wooden blocks for texture in my print but to save time, everyone in class used the same metallic red. Of all the colors it could have been, it was pretty cool!

Since we had so many people there and we got off to a slow start on setting letters correctly not everyone got to print their phrase.....I was one of them. I had my whole thing set but I ended up having to put everything back so we could leave. I took a picture to share on my blog of what I was going to print though.


What do you think? I definitely didn't think it would look as cool as I imagined., I wouldn't have minded if I got to take all the letters home with me. I love wood and all the wood letters I saw were super cool.

Anyways, cool field trip and interesting stuff. I just wish that the process and timing would've been a little bit better so I could've came back with a neat souvenir like everyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment