Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Promise of Tomorrow

Tomorrow my class is taking a field trip to an ink press where we will get to participate in a hands on project.
We were told to pick a fifteen or less word phrase that is relevant to us. Then I think we get to design a print and   print it there using the special equipment. We were told to look up Amos Kennedy and his printed works in which he does a lot of protest art....or at least that's what I call it.
I picked the phrase "That's not my name" to print because I feel that sometimes people see me as someone who is just this or just that when really that is just one small part of my whole person. For example, some people call me "asian." although I am Chinese, I hate hate hate being called that as if that was my real name because it's really not.

So we'll see how it goes. I am excited though!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment