Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rewarding Results?

Well, here is how our project really turned out:

Going from our clean landscape and leaving a trace instead of leaving no trace idea, we decided to have a trash bag with trash around it instead of filling the bag. We represent the imagery of our clean landscapes with bright colors inside our trash bag underneath the spilled oil and we made our lightbulb bush-which was one of the best parts.

Originally, I wanted to smash each can flat and layer them so that our project would be made on a board of cans, but everyone else thought that it would look better and be easier to make if we used a cardboard box sort of like a frame.

This is an aerial view.
Looking back on this project, I could see why it was not as strong as it could have been. Seeing it from a photographic perspective rather than an interactive one makes a huge difference. Now I realize that it is way way too busy!
I think if I were to do it again, I would maybe try again with smashed cans and coordinate the colors or something and  have the same centerpiece.

Although our project turned out how we wanted it to, I think it could have been a lot better had we had more time to work on it. But no matter what, I'm happy I got to know Frances and Jordan a bit better while we were working on it. It was/they were a lot of fun! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment