Saturday, September 17, 2011

Follow That Ink Trail!

Here are my ink landscapes that I painted for class. They are all very different from each other but I  like aspects from each of them.

This painting was the very first one I did. I worked on it in class and it was very experimental to me. I was surprised to find that this painting was the one that most people in my class enjoyed. And after viewing it from a farther perspective, I have to agreed that the composition is more interesting than I thought. I originally did not like it because I didn't feel like it all fit together; all the strokes are different across the painting. But I guess different can be good sometimes! :)
 This second painting I was more deliberate in picking and choosing my ink strokes. I tried to simplify what I was seeing in the picture and just capture the general idea. I like how I did the tree trunks but I wish that I could have done a better job with the foliage.
 This painting is obviously very abstract. Like I talked about in my last post, I intentionally painted it this way. Although it IS very simplistic and "easy" I really liked working on it. And as silly as it may seem, I had a fun time coming up with the concept of it.
Looking back, it's funny to see that my paintings seemed to get less skilled the more I thought about things. Maybe I will use my brain less the next time around. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment