Wednesday, November 27, 2013

turkey break

So since I have been slacking on my work getting zero work done from my last post to now, I will have to stay on campus over my Thanksgiving break instead of going home. So yay for that! I don't really mind though. There is nothing more that I love than to be jamming out in the studio with my music and all of the inks, press, and paper to myself. I finished two more pieces, both of which are beautiful and clean, unlike the first one. Since I did that one in such a rush and used gloss medium instead of ink I ended up with a very different texture in my print that I was willing to roll with but didn't necessarily want. Anyways, can't decide if I want to redo that print yet. I think I will wait until I am done with all the others.
I was right about the paper making a huge difference though. In some of my pieces I use white ink for some parts of it and so it only shows up when you are facing it at a certain angle. The rives absorbed the white ink so well that I didn't have to think about staining the paper anything to make it pop.
 I have 3 more prints to go though! I should have them all done by Sunday if all my out-of-town plans go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment