Sunday, December 1, 2013

Finished series

Well, I did it! I finally got my butt into the studio and I finished my series! I don't know how I did it but I ended up with a lot of pieces that I am really proud of. I really need to take pictures of them so that I compare the differences on here but I will have to track down a camera first. I made two completely new pieces that I didn't even make studies for but I love them.
One piece is the ghost print of a lotus flower. For that piece I crafted a new technique that I hadn't used or learned from anyone else before for blending colors for a monotype. I first did a base coat color on the plexiglass and then painted on with a paintbrush several darker shades of pink and then I rolled over the colors to even them all out and blend them together with the 2 inch roller.
I can't wait to post pictures! I am really happy I decided to pull a ghost print from it. :)

Pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment