Wednesday, December 4, 2013

First show--hung

Yay!! Today was the day we had our last group critique, where I heard a lot of positive feedback about my work and we had the chance to hang our pieces. I haven't had any experience hanging or matting things before but thankful I didn't have to do that yet because I decided a long time ago that I wanted to leave my pieces unframed. I was originally going to use magnets to hold up my pieces but ended up resorting to binder clips and adjustable hooks. I also got to visit the exhibition space for the first time and it was really beautiful. It was quite a big space, from what I know, but we still had to do some shuffling to get everyone where they needed to be.
There is a prediction that this weekend will bring bad weather and I am not that excited about it because I want to go ahead and get this off my to do list but I am also really excited. I hope that the people that end up coming will really find my topic interesting. Some of the people that I interviewed I actually go to school with and so if everyone that is in the area can come I will have four of the six people there that I am making my work about. That is something really special for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment