Monday, December 5, 2011

Patterns

Recently I had to write an essay over my personal development socially, mentally, and physically. In my essay I wrote about school and some of my favorite subjects. I have also semi decided that I want to major/minor in art. Looking back that I can remember enjoying art even when I was really young. When I went to school in Malaysia, I remember drawing and coloring a really great picture with durians and mangosteins in it and showing it off to my art teacher.
In third grade I remember being really into my art class at school as well. My art classroom had this huge painting of Van Gogh's Starry Night one whole wall and I was in love with it. I also remember being so excited to be in art club because they were doing this cool project where they fixed up old wooden chairs by painting famous works on it. (kitsch art right there).
I have also always gotten along with my art teachers too! In middle school I had a crazy art teacher who was wild and always encouraged my overachievement in her class and really helped me gain interest in art. Also in middle school I wanted to be a fashion designer....so I remember having this notebook with lots of interesting clothes ideas. Who knows, maybe that is still a possibility with my psych/art majors. :)
 High school also introduced me to cool teachers. I took art classes all four years of high school and I had three different ones when I was at VHS and I loved them all.
Sadly, I was not very good at saving my artwork. I have kept most of my paintings since they were easier to keep track of while we moved but most of the time if it got wrinkled or dirty I threw it away. yeah, I should probably break that habit. I think my favorite medians so far are oil pastels and paint. I haven't really decided on what kind of paint I like best though....I have only worked with oil once. My professor now says that he thinks I would enjoy printmaking, I think he's probably right. I am excited to take it next fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment