Monday, December 5, 2011

Thrift Shop Art

Here is the final result of my thrift shop painting.

This is the painting after I added this eye...

I don't know if you can see it well, but there is a face withing the huge eye. I talked with my art professor and we both agreed that this piece would be stronger if the bright blue and orange aren't competing with each other.






So this is the final piece in its frame. I repainted some of the scenery over the eye again so that it would put things into perspective.



I'm not sure if it is cool as an artist to tell what the theme/message behind the painting or if they are supposed to leave it up to the viewer. But my message is about the misconceptions of the western world on Asian cultures.
Hopefully, I will come up with a fitting title for this soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment