Sunday, April 29, 2012

I will overcome!!

My life is often characterized by experiences that challenge me in some way. Often times, I usually am on a hunt to find new challenges that will test part of me. Recently I've been challenging myself with outdoor/sporty activities. Usually I know it's working when I am pushed to a limit where I don't think I will be able to do anymore but somehow, I'm just so determined to finish what I've started, I somehow do it--often times to my own amazement.
 This weekend however, my artwork has been the most frustrating for me! Right now we have two projects occurring simultaneously (well at least for the people that haven't finished the first one haha) and that has been a bit hard to chew. I went down to the trail to work on my outdoor installation yesterday morning and I found that part of it was torn apart. Here in Arkansas the weather is unpredictably crazy and the day before the wind snapped a few of my support strings so that I had to redo half of it instead of spending my morning finishing it. I can't tell you how frustrated I was, I spent the first 15 minutes crying big tears of frustration while I was working on it....of all weeks that this had to happen to me, Finals week??? Really now?? Anyways, I pushed through my frustration and finished it....now all it has to do is make it through the next few Arkansas days to our critique. *fingers crossed* I don't really know how much I like it though:/
  So, if that wasn't enough, I started working on my other project. I'm making paper mache energy drinks out of homework and it's a lengthy multiple step process. Well last night I was finishing the tops of the cans and when I pulled them off the mold it pulled everything in on itself so that it basically collapsed what I just spent two hours making. It was so frustrating because I made two others before these few and I didn't have the same problem because I used saran wrap as an intermediate layer. However, the extra gave it this sloppy look when I was done because I wasn't able to wrap it as closely to the can as I did the others. So now, I'm faced with another dilemma: do I risk the aesthetics for easier construction or should I just push through it and it'll fix itself as I keep working on them??
  I guess we shall see! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment