Sunday, April 29, 2012

Where was this when I needed it?

Got an email from the art teacher: D-Money. And it had this really cool article about this upcoming artist Michael Anthony Simon and his outdoor installations concerning nature.
 isn't that interesting?? When I looked up installation ideas for our project I couldn't find anything like this. Given, I probably wouldn't have been able to use the "environmentally friendly" material that he uses since I am after all, just a college student, but it would've been super interesting! I put environmentally friendly in quotations because I wonder if it really is true. Leaves get their nutrients from the sun by absorbing it through chlorophyll and if the paint is added over the natural green then wouldn't that starve the plant?
Anyways, he also does some really cool work by painting spider webs.
 he captures spiders and releases them after they build a web. I have so many questions to ask about that....does he feed the spiders bugs? How does he get them to only build between the poles and create those different web designs?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting my work. Check out some of my new work at www.michaelanthonysimon.com

    ReplyDelete