Monday, September 9, 2013

Advanced Concepts

This semester I will be completing a series that addresses the issue of abuse from a different perspective. I won't be depicting any form of abuse at all but rather showing the strengths and admirable qualities about the victim. Often times, people see abuse victims as victims to be pitied instead of strong survivors. I have several people I am close to who are some of the strongest, mature people I know. It is for these people that I am making my series.

I am going to use plant imagery in my series to help illustrate the strength and growth of the people I know. I plan on interviewing them and choosing a quote from their interview to inspire individual pieces. These quotes will be used as the title for the piece because without it, a viewer wouldn't necessarily know what my series is about.

An artist that helps inspire my image is Danielle Rante. In this picture, she is working with cyanotypes and plants. I like all the details that she includes in her images that are delicate and purposeful.
original_IMG_0770.JPG.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment