Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Plant symbolism research

Leading up to today I have been working on researching different types of plants that I could potentially use for my series this semester. I have been trying to find plants that fit the personality of the people that I have been interviewing so that I can begin making small drafts of what I want each piece to look like. 
Some of the categories I have sorted some plants into are Love, Happiness, Healing, Protection, Purification, Wisdom, Endurance, Strength, Growth, Prosperity, Peace, Comfort, Hope, Hidden Worth.

Some of the plants fit into more than one category so I think that will help my concept so I won't have too much clutter but enough content. I am also thinking about using different perspectives of each item so that the viewpoint is not always the same. 

In addition to researching plants I have also been doing some color research to find some refreshing colors that are peaceful and energetic, and may symbolize growth. 

So much stuff to read!! More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment