Sunday, September 15, 2013

Interviewing progress

I have begun my first few interviews already for my series and so far they are going pretty well. My typing skills however are not as up to par as I have hoped and I worry a bit that I may miss or have missed something when people are still talking. I think if I ever did this again then I would want to bring a recorder or something.

I do love the interaction that I get with the people I am interviewing though. Because I know most of them so well, sometime I can kind of anticipate what they might say in response to one question...there is always some nugget of info that surprises me still. I love people and I especially love the ones that I get to hear from because while it may be something I know a little bit about from their past, it's completely different to to hear them tell their own story and explain their own character to me. I think I definitely made a right decision in adding this process to my artwork because I know it helps keep me on the right track of telling their story from their point of view. I would never want to make a piece based on what I think I know about them without having a conversation with them first. If that makes any sense....

I am really loving the work I am doing now and I wouldn't mind continuing this series in the future to be honest. I am just worried because other people in the class have already started turning out drafts of their work and I still have nothing but these interviews and I don't even have all of them yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment