Monday, September 30, 2013

Allusions/Illusions

It's crazy to see how the mind can be tricked to see things that don't exist. I think the majority of the world's population loves to see artwork that deals with illusions and transforming space that are simple yet ingenious. I really enjoy art that speaks to the people so that ones who may not be exposed to art as much will still be able to digest it and get something out of the experience or exposure to it. I guess relevance is the key?

This is the work of Regina Silveira who is an artist from Brazil.

Here are three pieces that I found out about this week in class that I really like.

This last piece reminds me of a tunnel or a doorway that leads to endless possibilities. It is a surprisingly soothing piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment