Sunday, October 6, 2013

Dream Job Perhaps?

I was exposed to Claire Morgan's impressive artwork this week and I loved it! I also enjoy it when I find an artist that is as passionate about her process as well as her concept. It fascinates me to think about how she was able to transform her drawings and drafts into these 3D sculptures that obviously take a lot of time and patience. When I did a similar hanging project with some paper mache can that I had made, I had a really hard time hanging that piece on my own and if you looked closely, the mechanics of it did not look that great. Those cans were the size of my first however and I couldn't imagine making a sculpture out of pieces that could be as tiny as fruit flies. Whaaat?? That's crazy.
Claire Morgan, if you ever need an intern to help you out with your artwork, just let me know and I'll fly out to Europe to give you a hand and learn from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment